Despite the coronavirus pandemic, the real estate market is still going strong. Buyers across the country are looking to take advantage of low interest rates and lock in a mortgage on a new home as soon as possible. Selling your home while buyer demand is high will help you get more money for your property and avoid the grueling, stressful process of watching your home sit on the market for months.
If you want to jump on the bandwagon, you’ll have to act fast. Experts predict that mortgage rates will increase over the coming year. To help you get your home on the market as quickly as possible, we’ve put together this quick guide.
But First, What Is Staging?
Staging involves making your home look visually and aesthetically pleasing by adding furniture, decorations, and various dressing that bring out the best of the space. When done correctly, this can turn what some feel is a “mediocre space” into something much more appealing and desirable. While there are experts in the field who can transform your home into a veritable show-stopper, staging is something that you can accomplish on your own with a little work.
Tackle Some Simple Staging
Staging your home can mean the difference between finding a buyer today and watching your home sit on the market for months.
- Start by decluttering your home and storing away decorations, knickknacks, and furnishings that are crowding your rooms.
- Once the clutter is out of the way, deep clean your home from top to bottom.
- Throw together some homemade cleaners if you want to avoid a trip to the store during the pandemic.
- Tear down wallpaper and paint over eccentric walls with warm, neutral colors that will appeal to all of your potential buyers.
Get Your Home on the Market
Hiring help and using special online services will help you list your home on the market as quickly as possible.
- Research your local housing market and use online valuation tools to determine a realistic asking price for your home.
- Hire a professional photographer to take stunning, high-quality pictures of your home.
- Use a listing service like OneClickProperty.com to list your home on the market quickly and painlessly.
- Enlist a professional real estate agent to help you market your home and find potential buyers fast.
Offer Virtual Showing Solutions
As the coronavirus pandemic rages on, it’s important to limit your contact with people outside your household. Use virtual showing tools to keep everyone safe!
- Consider using special software to create a 360-degree virtual tour of your home.
- In lieu of a traditional open house, invite guests to join you for a virtual open house on Zoom or Facebook Live.
- You can also offer live, one-on-one viewings for potential buyers through video-chat services like FaceTime or WhatsApp.
If you’re planning on moving at some point in the near future, consider listing your home for sale ASAP so you can take advantage of today’s hot real estate market. As mortgage rates increase, buyer demand is likely to drop. Prepare your home for a quick sale so you can cash in on this opportunity.